Another Extension for the Free Trial Period
FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Period (11/16/2010)
As always, we would like to express our gratitude to all players enjoying their adventures in Eorzea.
Today, we have decided to extend the free trial period an additional 30 days. Please refer to the following for more details.
Lodestone Introduces the Player History Feature
If you’ve been running around getting the most out of the game like I have, you may notice every so often little blue messages popping up in your text telling you mini-milestones your character has achieved. So far I’ve noticed that I’ve been awarded a certain amount of points during a leve, or defeated a certain number of monsters in combat, or completed a number of each of the leve types. I was truly hoping this was a foreshadowing hint from SE saying they would track character progress in some kind of achievement form for everyone to see… I’m a sucker for that sort of thing. Lo and behold, just yesterday SE introduces the Player History feature on their Lodestone site.
I haven’t been posting as much lately, been a busy busy little taru crafting away (as you can see) and making sure adventuerers’ bellies are good and full. Never fear, I have lots of images and infos in my archives for you, soon to come. ^.^
Patch Notes 10/28/2010
- An issue where the client would automatically shut down when the user canceled out of synthesis has been addressed.
- An issue where users would sometimes be unable to remove items from their Bazaars has been addressed.
* If you have been affected by the above issue, you will need to add or remove an item from your Bazaar for the fix to be reflected.
- An issue where the Bazaar would crash under certain conditions has been addressed.
- Increased server capacity has been implemented
If you haven’t yet discovered the Disciples of the Land database, you’ve been missing out on an amazing resource. Run by the same guy that was in charge of FFXI Final Fishing, it’s a wealth of information for gathering, crafting, tips for both, and a great community all-around. Users are active on the forums and help each other out tremendously in the linkshell (located on Wutai server).
One of the biggest advantages this site has over others is the ability to log what you harvest. There are input pages for each type of gathering: fishing, spearfishing, mining, quarrying, logging, and harvesting. These pages collect data on weather, moon phases, notch settings, and number/quality of items harvested. All this is being rolled up into a big bundle of data that will soon start providing us stats for pinpointing the items we’re seeking.
And with Kida recently adding in the ability to log harvest from the secondary nodes as well, there’s no better time to head over and see what the site is about. If you don’t find yourself the type to participate and log harvesting information, you can still benefit highly from what’s being collected there. That’s what the site is all about, after all… helping fellow gatherers and crafters.
Patch Notes 10/22/2010
- Actions resulting in the acquisition of an item will be cancelled should the player already be in possession of the maximum number of that item.
- Repair NPCs will be displayed first for ease of targeting.
- Drop rates for certain items obtained from enemies have been adjusted.
- The effect of the Conjurer’s trait “Fastcast” has been adjusted to increase casting speed by 20% rather than 10%.
- An issue wherein the FINAL FANTASY XIV client shut down while trading with a retainer has been addressed.
- An issue wherein enemy names were not properly displayed has been addressed.
- An issue wherein use of the Lancer trait “Fleet of Foot” yielded no effect has been addressed.
- An issue wherein players could not progress in the quest “A Piece of History” has been addressed.
Dungeon-Diving into Mun-Tuy Cellars
This past weekend marked the first dungeon outing as a linkshell. Val, Titen, and I gathered up our varied sets of battle gear, repaired them up all spiffy-like, and headed into the Mun-Tuy Cellars outside Gridania.
Arriving at the Mun-Tuy aether node
Current Known Issues 10/20/2010 [official]
- Using the Lancer’s “Fleet of Foot” ability has no effect.
- The range of attack for the bow is set incorrectly, making it impossible for the archer’s Farshot ability to take effect.
* Under normal conditions, the ability would award a bonus for successfully hitting a target within the set range.
New Armor for the Boys
Last night our handful of linkshell members spent the evening help each other gear up. Titen and Val made out like bandits, getting red and green haubys made. Unfortunately it’s hard to see the colors at night, but if you look closely you can see the mesa-red and olive-green trim near the collars and bottoms of the haubys. (I made that cloth myself!) :D
And a little something extra: me weaving up the colored cloth underlay for the haubys while Titen stands (sits lol) guard over me.